Hey everyone! I hope you all enjoyed SLP Trivia tonight!! I had so much fun hosting it. Let's go over all of the answers to the trivia questions and more importantly, announce the winners! All winners received a product of choice from my TpT store.
As you know there were 3 rounds with 5 questions each. 2 winners per round were chosen.
Round 1: All About Me & My Blog
- What university did I get my MS from? Nova Southeastern University
- What is the sex of my baby due in October? Boy
- When is my 1st Blog Birthday? October 29
- How many free products do I have in my TpT store? 20
- Name 2 of my featured products in my store. Any of the following 4: Cause and Effect Pirate Island, Mad Scientists Inferences, Following Directions Pizza Party, and Who Wants to be a Social Skills Superhero
Winners of Round 1: Christina Frenzel and Krista Keleher
Round 2: Apps and Products
- Name 2 apps geared towards Auditory Processing Disorder. Auditory workout by Virtual Speech Center or Auditory Processing Studio by Virtual Speech Center
- Who is the creator of EET (Expanding Expression Tool)? Sara Smith
- Name 1 assessment app by Smarty Ears. Basic Concepts Skill Screener, Profile of Phonological Awareness, Sunny Artic Phonology Test, etc.
- What does ELLA stand for? (Hint: It's by Super Duper) Emerging Literacy & Language Assessment
- Name 2 of the Hear Builder products by Super Duper. Following directions, sequencing, phonological awareness, etc.
Winners of Round 2: Ashley Feldman and Kelly Hungaski
Round 3: Assessments
- How does an SLP assess stimulability? The SLP uses repetition tasks where he/she models the correctly produced sound and asks the child to repeat the sound. Visual and verbal cues are given to encourage correct production.
- What components are included in a comprehensive speech and language assessment? Articulation, hearing/vision, voice/fluency, teacher input, parent input, oral-motor exam, case history (educational and developmental), assessment results
- Name 3 standardized tests used for assessing expressive and/or receptive language. CELF, PLS-5, CASL, ROWPVT, EOWPVT, etc.
- What assessment tool can be used for fluency? SSI
- What ages can the Goldman-Fristoe be used for? 2-21
Winners of Round 3: Jennifer Burroughs and Lisa Helvie
Thank you so much to everyone who participated in trivia tonight!!!! You are all amazing!!
Live Love Speech