Sunday, February 10, 2013

Valentine's Day activities for this week!

As you all know, Valentine's Day is this Thursday!  I love to see the cards students exchange in class and how excited they all get!  I'm sure many of you have seen tons of Valentine's Day themed TpT activities.  Will you be using any this week in your speech room?  I will be using two  of my {FREEBIES}, Valentine's Day Vocabulary Matching and Heart Train of Multiple Meaning Words along with a few other ideas/activities!  A few days ago, I posted about the Valentine's Day speech booklets my students would be making.  Many of my groups worked on the booklets last week and will be finishing up this week.  I love doing little crafts or DIY type activities especially because they can be used as homework/carryover.  

Here is how the Valentine's Day speech booklets have been coming along so far... 

 I love that the students have been practicing writing and saying their speech words, being creative, and having fun with this adorable activity!


Below is a picture of a few other activities we will be doing this week.  My students will be reading/discussing the book, There was an old lady who swallowed a rose!  We will follow it up by using Crazy Speech World's language unit that goes with the book!  

I found this cute "heart" worksheet in a folder that was left by the previous speech therapist.  The idea is to have students color in a piece of the heart each time he/she produces a speech sound correctly.  I am also going to use this with some of my language groups.  For example, if the student answers a "wh" question correctly, he/she will color in a piece.  I love that this worksheet is so versatile! 
Finally, I will be using my two Valentine's Day {FREEBIES}.  You can head over to my TpT store to check out all the details and grab them!


Hope you all can use some of the ideas/activities listed here with your students this week!  
Kristine
Live Love Speech



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the love Kristine! Hope your kids love the Old Lady packet activities!! On another note...it is really funny that I have that same heart worksheet from one of my old supervisors! Lol!

    ReplyDelete